Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Symbol of Eternity..


Of all the stories, the schoolbooks and the wonders of ancient history, the one that stood out for us most was the history of the great Egyptian era.. and of course, the Great Pyramids of Giza.






Hailed by many as the universal symbol of Eternity, one cannot help but feel small in front of this massive human engineering feat, which has lasted over 4500 years .. yes, it was built in 2560 B.C.!



Being there, right under the shadow of these magnificent pyramids, one can sense that "eternity". Not even the beautiful Sphinx can compare with its majesty and longevity.

I wish a little of this "eternity" has rubbed off on me..

Yes, life can be short..but it was a dream come true to be standing beside the Great Pyramids of Giza.. and holding it by the tip of my fingers, no less!

This is one experience for me that will last for eternity!

( the Great Pyramid itself - the one with the polished tip - can be scaled downwards, right into the very heart, by walking down a tunnel through bended knees. I decided to take the scenic option and opted out, but hubby was game enough to overcome the heat and the claustrophobic tunnel to view the insides.. what a view it must have been!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nellie,

I chanced upon ur blog from Molly's website, abt 1 yr plus ago. At my request some time ago after reading that the press might do an article on cancer bloggers, Josef had since removed my link.

The reason I'm writing to u is that on 8 Aug i mentioned ur quarterly transfusion of Xeloda to my onco at PCC. Today I was told by Amelia, CNA producer for current affairs that u re the other lady she is featuring on her programme.

You don't hv to publish this comment. I just wanna drop by and say hi, before we both appear on the programme and that i hv been following ur blog.


Rgds,
snowcloud

gleefully ntangle said...

Hi there,

Thanks for following my blog and it's nice of you to say hi. By the way, the bone infusion that I am taking is actually called ZoMeta. You may wish to refer to:-

http://beatcancer10.blogspot.com/2006/10/so-how-much-doe-cancer-cot.html

on the comment by my doc.

Let's hope our appearance on this programme and sharing our experiences will help others to stay strong and give them hope.

Cheers.. Nellie

Anonymous said...

Hi Nellie,

Thx for clearing that. In my mind I registered as ZoMeta but typed it out as Xeloda. Happens often these days.

I read that comment. May I ask if Dr Ang explained why he put u on this transfusion? I thought it is used in bre.ast cancer, but didn't know it's also used in ovarian too.

Thx in advance.

Rgds,
snowcloud