Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hanoi and Halong Bay - "Heaven & Earth"

The raw beauty of Hanoi and Halong Bay is simply captivating!
Perhaps it's the cool weather that surprised me. Or perhaps it's the old beauty of hectic Hanoi ("beep-beep!") coupled with the handsome, awesome islets of Halong Bay..

But whatever it was, the combination of Hanoi and Halong was a clear winner for me. I am beginning to learn that my short getaways to world-class beauties like this one at Halong Bay and last year at Angkor Wat have more meaning to me, carving out outstanding meories along the way.



What a way for me to start my own "1000 Places to See/Experience After Remission!", taking inspiration from the travel series-cum-book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die".

And Hanoi and Halong Bay are indeed the first 2 of my own 1000 Places!

No comments: