Friday, June 12, 2015

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour #233 - Paro airport, Bhutan

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour After Remission #233

- Paro airport, Bhutan
 
(Could this be one of the highest airports to fly into at 2400m? It was certainly one of the most dangerous, according to our local guide, with strong Himalayan winds fanning from the mountains and fog frequently delaying landings. But this airport is simple but charming, with a huge poster of the recently crowned King and Queen greeting all visitors. The white scarf given by the local guide, Tashi, gave us a genuinely warm welcome. I am in Bhutan, finally!)




 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm Lindsey! I have a question and would love to speak with you about your medical journey. Could you please email me when you have a chance? Thanks so much, I appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing from you :)

lindseyDOTcaldwellATrecallcenterDOTcom