Monday, August 07, 2006

The side effects : chemo treatments..

Total hair losts, body aches, numbness and nausea are the 4 main side effects which I have to go through during chemotherapy.... Wow, there goes my long and silky hair! I guess body aches and the numbness are side effects which I can put up with. Also there are medications which Dr. Ang will prescribed on standby to ease these side effects. Nausea is almost 90% a "no" but there may be occasions during the treatments when I may experience it. So the total hair loss is something which is rather difficult for me to accept... I asked the doc : when will my hair start to drop and his answer is "in two weeks time after your first treatment".. oh dear..

11 Feb 2006 - The day I am set for my 1st treatment..... sitting at the clinic for the treatment lasted for 3-1/2 hours and this first experience wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Although during the treatment I did feel a little restless. Home I go after the treatment. Body aches started the next day and it lasted for 4 days.

11 days later my hairs started to show signs of dropping... hairs on our settee, pillows and all over the floor!

13 days through my treatment I called my hairdresser to our home to shave off my hair to half an inch long.... my new hairdo took a while to get used to it, but I was all ready and even more determined to fight this battle.

My sleep was also impacted since I had the treatment.. my mind was overly alert and I struggled to have a good nite sleep. The yellow antihistamine pills became a good companion for the next 2 nites.

My 2nd treatment was scheduled 3 weeks later and I went through the same 3-1/2 hr of infusion at the clinic.


But more was to come..

>>gleefully ntangle

No comments: