Thursday, October 22, 2015

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour #269 - - Macalister Road, Gurney Drive Street Food, Penang

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour After Remission #269

- Macalister Road, Gurney Drive Street Food, Penang
 
(6 plates of the best of Penang street food for how much? RM45, or S$15! Pinch me..I can't believe my good fortune with the current exchange rates. It would easily past S$30 in Singapore for all 6 dishes. The all-time favourites are here - char koay teow, oyster omelette, prawn noodles and hubby's favourite, porridge with fried intestines, all at this Macalister Road-Lorong Baru junction coffeeshop. To complete this culinary experience, we headed to Gurney Drive the next day for their Indian rojak, Chinese rojak, cuttlefish and of course, my own favourite, assam laksa. Oh, the exercises I have to do now to burn the carbo)





No comments: