Wednesday, April 11, 2018

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour #541 - Arctic Ice Fishing, Kiruna

1001 Places/Experiences to See or Savour After Remission #541

- Arctic Ice Fishing, Kiruna 
 


(Fishing in -11C, are you crazy?! No, I am not, and not only was this the first fishing excursion for me ever, but I caught my 1st fish, right here in one of Kiruna's massive lakes! Guide Zach drove us in his snowmobile trailer to the middle of a frozen lake, parked his vehicle and started drilling a 4-foot deep hole through the icy lake - see video below. He hooked worms on a simple fishing line and in 20min, I caught a beautiful red-fin perch - what a thrill! He then brought us to a nearby camp, stil on the lake, but with a tripod ready to cook the fish. The perch meat was tough and the coffee was kinda bland. But this experience was priceless! I may be hooked now on fishing..)
 













 
 
 
 

No comments: